Changed timetables from 27 January 2023
From Friday 27 January, bus services in Sydney’s North Shore and Western area (Region 7) will operate to a temporary, adjusted timetable due to bus driver availability within a bus driver shortage
This aims to provide a more predictable service for customers, and reduce 'day of' cancellations.
School services will not be affected.
Several bus operators across Greater Sydney are making temporary service changes to deal with unprecedented driver shortages across the industry, in Australia and overseas.
The new timetable includes changes based on customer feedback and monitoring of travel and boarding patterns and includes:
• Two new weekday morning Route 120 services starting at North Willoughby will be introduced on 27 Jan 2023 to assist customers travelling to the CBD.
• Three additional weekday morning peak Route 120 services starting at North Willoughby are planned to start by the end of February 2023.
• Routes which will have full service restored under the new timetable are 203, 207, 251, 252, 254, 255, 261, 265 and 267.
• Suspended services are focused on high-frequency route corridors and affect routes 115, 120, 288, 292, 500X, 501, 533, 545 and 550.
Buses may still be operating at reduced service levels on any given day due to driver absences. Please check the Trip Planner before you travel.
Busways is working with a scheduling expert engaged by Transport for NSW to work with operators on efficient timetable adjustments and we will continue to adjust timetables if required based on driver availability.
We are also working closely with Transport for NSW to ensure suspended services are reinstated as soon as possible.
Transport for NSW is working closely with all private bus operators, including Busways, on several strategies to address driver shortages including:
• recruiting bus drivers through depot open days, information stalls, providing bonuses and increased marketing and media.
• redesigning shifts to improve operational efficiency and reduce the number of drivers required.
Transport for NSW is also running a bus driver recruitment campaign across the Sydney network.
We encourage anyone interested in becoming a driver to find out more at www.busdriver.au