Busways Group Pty Ltd (Busways) recognises the importance of the privacy of individuals who have dealings with Busways, such as customers, suppliers and employees. Busways is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), which regulate the collection, use and disclosure of information and opinions about identified or identifiable individual (personal information).
This policy outlines how Busways collects, uses and manages personal information, and outlines how you can contact Busways if you wish to inform Busways of a change to any personal information Busways holds about you, or submit a complaint about Busways’ management of your personal information.
- Why Busways collects personal information
Busways collects personal information from you for the following purposes:
- to lawfully carry out Busways’ functions and activities;
- to deliver services to you that you requested;
- to provide you with further information about any services you requested;
- to personalize and customise your experience with Busways;
- to held Busways review, manage and enhance its services;
- to communicate with you;
- for administrative purposes, such as charging and billing;
- to promote and market those of our services that we consider may be of interest to you;
- when considering making offers to job applicants and prospective employees or for other employment purposes; and
- to receive services from you or the organization that employs you.
In addition to the Primary Purpose, we may also use personal information we collect, and you consent to such use, to:
- Personal information Busways collects
Busways collects personal information where reasonably necessary for its functions and activities. Personal information that Busways may hold includes the following:
- How Busways collects personal information
Busways collects personal information directly from an individual where reasonable and practical. Busways may also collect such information from other sources, including:
- Disclosure of personal information
Busways understands the importance of keeping personal information private and only discloses such information to third parties in limited circumstances. Third parties with whom Busways usually exchanges information include:
- an individual’s representatives;
- Busways’ professional advisers including legal, accounting, auditing and business consulting advisers;
- government and regulatory authorities;
- subsidiaries of Busways; and
- any other parties that Busways is required or permitted by any relevant law to disclose personal information to in the circumstances.
Busways also exchanges personal information with contractors who manage services provided to an individual on Busways’ behalf, or who provide services to Busways, including:
- mailing services
- billing and debt recovery functions;
- customer injury services;
- marketing functions; and
- website, data management and technology services.
Parties to which Busways discloses personal information may be located in Australia and other countries. As outlined below, web traffic information is disclosed when you visit our websites and Google stores information across multiple countries.
- Website usage information and cookies
Busways uses this information to administer its website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. Busways also collects certain information to provide users with a personalised experience when visiting Busways’ websites.
Through the use of a ‘cookie(s)’, Busways can record information about your visit to Busways website including the clickstream to, through and from Busways’ site (including date and time), the pages visited, page interaction information and methods used to browse away from the page. This information is used anonymously and in aggregate, and is collected and logged for statistical purposes. Through analysis of these records, Busways is able to provide an improved service when users revisit Busways’ websites.
A cookie is a small data file that a website may write to your hard drive when you visit. A cookie file can contain information (such as a user ID) that the website can use to track the pages you have visited and your preferences. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you personally supply. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites.
- How Busways stores personal information
Busways stores personal information at its own premises and with the assistance of its service providers. Busways maintains strict procedures and standards and takes a range of steps to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, personal information and protect an individual’s information from misuse or loss. Once an individual’s information is no longer needed by Busways, reasonable steps are taken to destroy or de-identify it.
- Accessing and updating personal information
In most cases an individual can gain access to or update personal information held by Busways.
To make a request to access or update personal information held by Busways, contact Busways in writing. Busways may need to verify your identity. Busways may charge a fee to cover the cost of retrieving and copying requested information.
- Complaints and further information
Further information may be obtained about how Busways manages personal information from the Privacy Officer (see contact details below). If an individual believes that Busways has breached its privacy obligations or that individual’s privacy rights in any way, a complaint can be made to the Privacy Officer (see contact details below). Busways will endeavour to act promptly in response to a complaint.
Busways Privacy Officer
Locked Bag 1015
Gordon NSW 2072
- Updates to this Policy