Opal fare changes from 24 June
As of Monday June 24, Opal fares will increase in line with the Consumer Price Index while the weekly cap will be reduced to $50 for adults and $25 for children and concession holders.
The CPI fare adjustments will cause daily caps to increase slightly while the Senior/Pensioner Gold Opal won’t change and will remain at $2.50 for all day travel, any day of the week.
Daily and Weekly Travel caps from 24 June
|Weekday and Saturday - current||$15.80||$7.90||$7.90|
|Weekday and Saturday - new||$16.10||$8.00||$8.00|
|Sunday - current||$2.70||$2.70||$2.70|
|Sunday - new||$2.80||$2.80||$2.80|
|Weekly - current||$63.20||$31.60||$31.60|
|Weekly - new||$50.00||$25.00||$25.00|
What Opal benefits stay the same?
- $2 discount for Adult Opal card holders for every transfer between modes (train, ferry, bus or light rail) as part of one journey ($1 for Child/ Youth and Concession card holders).
- $2.50 unlimited all day travel within the Opal network for Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card holders.
- Half price travel after eight paid journeys in a week.
- 30 per cent discount on train fares outside peak times.
- Fares capped daily, weekly and on Sundays.
- The option of auto top-up, so you're always ready to travel.
Find out more about Opal benefits.