Bus Driver Positions
Bus Drivers are our frontline representatives, playing a vital service role within the local community. Busways provides ongoing training and support to employees based on their level of experience to enable you to meet our standards. No experience is necessary to apply.
We are always looking for dynamic and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing team and become bus drivers.
The position involves shift work which can include early morning, late night, day time and weekend shifts. All bus drivers commence employment as casual, however opportunities are provided throughout the company for career progression and employee development.
Busways is a leading private bus group in NSW, committed to providing safe, reliable bus services. We provide applicants with:
- Extensive training program and ongoing support.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Full training provide to upgrade your licence
- Casual positions with the potential to progress to full-time (dependent on location)
- Varied shift times to promote work life balance
- Opportunity to work across multiple worksites to supplement income
- Work locally and support your community
- Hold a current MR (minimum) driver’s licence (or have the ability to obtain)
- Hold a current NSW Driver Authority (or have the ability to obtain)
- Valid Working with Children check (Paid Employment)
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a visa that entitles you to full work rights in Australia
Read the licensing requirements for more information on becoming a bus driver.
- A good driving record (no more than 4 weeks old)
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Availability to work shift work and be able to cover shifts at any time
Key attributes and skills
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to all our customers
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic team environment
- Display good interpersonal skills
- Perform simple mathematical calculations of addition and subtraction to calculate fares
- Ability to read timetables and follow schedules
- Understand safety regulations and responsibilities
Your application will be assessed in line with pre-determined job standards and will be compared against our recruitment criteria to determine an outcome. If your application meets the selection criteria, your application will be progressed through the relevant recruitment stages. If your application does not meet the selection criteria and you are not successful, you will be notified in writing.
How to apply
If you have any questions about your application or working with us:
- contact the Recruitment Team at (02) 9497 1800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- read the Frequently Asked Questions on becoming a Bus Driver
Equal Opportunity Employer
Busways is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.